5 Skin Tips for Men
It is time to ditch the old belief that skin care is only for the ladies. More and more men are starting to realize that the quality of their skin is reflective of their overall health and plays a direct role in how others view them. Most men do not want to spend a lot of time or mental energy worrying about caring for their skin. With this in mind, here are 5 skin tips just for men that will keep you looking healthy for years to come.
- Know Your Type- By knowing your skin type, you will be better equipped to understand the best ways to take care of your skin and make informed decisions about the products that you buy. If for example, you have sensitive skin, then you would seek to find a gentle skin product, one without harsh ingredients. Understanding your complexion is a great place to start in the foundation for skin care.
- Real Men Use Sunscreen- It is a good idea to wear sunscreen daily and incorporate it into a daily regimen of skin care. Protection from the sun is vital to the prevention of skin cancer and wrinkles. Making this small change in your routine goes a long way in fighting the outward signs of aging and keeping you looking healthy, vibrant, and strong.
- Mighty Moisturizer- A quality moisturizer can work wonders to keep a man’s face soft and smooth. It will help the skin get back to having normal, healthier levels of moisture. A dry face will make a man appear older, weathered, and tired. You can keep your regimen simple by combining two steps of care by using a moisturizer that contains sunscreen to fight both dryness and UV rays.
- Get to Know Your Products- Just as you should get to know your complexion and skin type, it is always wise to start researching the ingredients in the products that you use. Having this knowledge will help you avoid possible irritants and chemicals that may cause problems for your particular skin type. Start by paying attention to the labels and bring this awareness to your skin regimen.
- Pay the Doctor a Visit- The most important tip of all is to make regularly scheduled appointments with your dermatologist. Openly communicate with your doctor regarding any changes in moles, skin tags, or other markings on your body. Skin cancer is more likely to be treatable when detected early.
Contact Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists of New York and New Jersey to book your consultation and learn more about men’s skin health and care. Our practice serves residents of New York, New Jersey, and even South Florida, with offices in Hackensack, Manhattan, Hillsborough, Montclair, and Palm Beach Gardens. A glowing complexion diminished of wrinkles, scars and discoloration is within your reach.